The best place to start is to find a deal on HubSpot where you've already created an invoice. When you sync an invoice, the data is saved to properties on your HubSpot deal record. To start with, these properties probably won't be visible when you view your deal, so let's find them.
On the left-hand side of your deal record you'll see a section named "About this deal", at the bottom is a button named "View all properties". If you can't see the button, you may need to scroll within the box in order to find it.
When you click the button you'll see the full list of properties that exist on that deal. When you install Invoice Stack, we'll add a new section named Invoicing - expand it to see a list of the properties Invoice Stack has filled out for your deal.
You can click "Add to your view" to pin properties to the "About this deal" box - this is visible only to you though, so follow the instructions in the following section to see how to customise how properties display everywhere.
There are over 20 Invoicing properties that Invoice Stack syncs to your deals and we're adding new ones all the time. You can see a full list here. A couple of the most popular are:
- Invoice Status - This changes from blank to "Invoices Synced" to "First Invoice Paid" to "All invoices paid" - which means you can use it to track whether invoices have been created by your team yet, or whether the payment has gone through
- Overdue Invoices - shows whether any of the invoices on the deal are overdue - meaning you can keep track of late paying clients
These properties are kept up-to-date automatically, whenever things change in your accounting platform, so you never need to manually update them. To view a description of the property - just hover over it in and click "details" - you'll see a description at the top and also a list of changes that have been made.
Because these are normal HubSpot properties, you can use them to create workflows to automate your deals, and to create powerful reports and dashboards inside HubSpot.
You can control where properties display by doing to HubSpot's settings > Data Management > Deals.
Here are a few things to try:
- Go to Pipelines to Customize deal cards - and show the invoicing status on your deal pipeline
- Go to Record Customization to create a custom panel on the left sidebar to include all the relevant invoicing data on the left hand side of your deal
- Customize the right sidebar to decide where Invoice Stack shows on your deals
We recommend trying these steps out yourself using a trial version of Invoice Stack. Have a think about which teams need to see invoice properties, where they need to see them and when. Finally don't forget to check out our guides on Automation and on Reporting where you can use these invoice properties to do even more with your invoicing data.